|Employee Name || Hasibur Rahaman |
|Designation || SCIENTIST-D |
|Email || firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Office Phone no || 04023886052 |
|Educational Details|| PhD: Physics from SAC,ISRO Ahmedabad|
MSc: Physics,M S University of Baroda,Baroda,Gujarat
BSc: Physics (Honours),Burdwan University.
|Research Interests || • Assimilation of satellite derived
geophysical parameters and Argo profiling
floats in ocean model.|
• Dynamics and thermodynamics of Indian
Ocean on seasonal, inter-annual and
decadal time scale.
• Air-sea interaction processes on seasonal
and intraseasonal time scale over the
Indian Ocean using satellite data.
• Effect of precipitation on mixed layer
dynamics and thermodynamics
|Career Details || 1. Junior Research Fellow 2001-2006,Space Application Centre (SAC),Indian Space Research Orginization (ISRO,Ahmedabad,India. |
2. Research Associates, Jan 2006- October 2006,Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Science(CAOS),Indian Institute of Science (IISc),Bangalore,India.
3. Scientist-C, Nov 2006-June 2011, Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS)Ministry of Earth Sciences(MoES)
4.Visiting Scientist,March 2010 - September 2010, NOAA/GFDL,Princeton University, Princeton,USA.
5. Scientist-D, July 2011 - till date, Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS)Ministry of Earth Sciences(MoES)
|Publications|| 1. Intraseasonal Oscillations over Tropical Indian Ocean in Relation to Monsoon Onset
and Rainfall Events over the Peninsular
B Simon, S H Rahman and V Sathiyamoorthy.
Mausam, 54,1 (January 2003), 189-196. |
2.Condition leading to onset of Indian Monsoon: A satellite Perspective.
B Simon, S H Rahman and P C Joshi
Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics(2006),DOI 10.1007/s00703-005-0155-6
3.Intraseasonal Oscillation over Eastern Arabian Sea during Indian summer monsoon season-as revealed by TRMM microwave Imager products.
S H Rahman and B Simon
Journal of Earth System Science, 115, No. 5 (October 2006) 575–586,
4.Evolution of geophysical parameters during contrasting monsoon year of 2002 and 2003 using TRMM/TMI data
S H Rahman , B Simon and P C Joshi
Theor. Appl. Climatol. (2007) DOI 10.1007/s00704-006-0266-0,
5.Shifting of the convective heat source over Indian Ocean region in relation to
performance of monsoon: A satellite perspective.
B Simon, S H Rahman, P C Joshi and P S Desai
International Journal of Remote Sensing (2008) Vol. 29, No. 2, 387–397.
6.The Effect of Satellite and Conventional Meteorological Data Assimilation on
the mesoscale modelling of Monsoon Depression over India.
V.F. Xavier, A.Chandrasekar, Hasibur Rahman, Dev Niyogi and K Alapaty,
Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics, (2008) DOI 10.1007/s00703-008-0314-7
7.Comparison of AMSR-E and TMI Sea surface temperature with Argo near surface temperature over the Indian Ocean
TVS Udaya Bhaskar, S H Rahman, I D Kumar, M Ravichandran.(2009) International Journal of Remote Sensing 30 (10):2669-2684
8.Comparison of NCEP turbulent heat fluxes with in situ observations over the south-eastern Arabian Sea.
D Swain, S. H Rahman and M Ravichandran
Meteorol Atmos Phys (2009) DOI 10.1007/s00703-009-0023-x
9.Variability of Indian Summer monsoon rainfall in Daily data from gauge and satellite
S.H Rahman, Debasis Sengupta and M Ravichandran, (2009)Journal of Geophysical. Res., 114, D17113, doi:10.1029/2008JD011694
|Other Information|| Awards |
1. ISRO Junior Research Fellowship award from 2001-2006.
2. Second prize for the presentation “Global warming: Ocean perspective” in the National Hindi Seminar on “Global Warming” organized by the Ministry of Earth Science, Government of India, 12 November 2007,New Delhi, India
3. Indo-US Research fellowship for the year 2009 by Indo-US Science & Technology Forum (IUSSTF).